Monday, May 9, 2011

Lars Wallin...

I had an amazing weekend! I feel refreshed for a new work week with new inspiration and energy. The sun came back and it was just perfect weather for long walks, boat rides, and ice cream. (which I more than enjoyed!) On Saturday I enjoyed an entire gorgeous day with my beautiful Aunt. We enjoyed a very crammed ferry ride to gorgeous Djurgården, one of my favorite places in Stockholm (and many others too), we set off for Waldemarsudde, a very regal museum which used to be the residence of Prince Eugens, and had our breath taken away by the newest fashion exhibit (Lars Wallin Fashion Stories) 20 years of amazing couture gowns and theatrical costumes. We were not disappointed! There was an enormous collection of the prettiest bridal gowns, crazy colored costumes, elegant evening gowns, and many many pages from his sketchbooks. After sharing a delicious sweet blueberry pie and coffee we walked against the water along Djurgården's coast viewing all the gorgeous private homes and embassies while watching many tour boats, and sail boats passing us by in the incredibly blue water. We took one of the commuter boats the long way home (much more fun than taking the bus! so wonderful being so close to the water) to my Aunt's house where we enjoyed a delicious home cooked meal and a little 'Roman Holiday.' Forgot how sweet that film is!

Lars Wallin...







Sunday was just as wonderful... though I spent the day with BF instead. We walked by the water, eating my favorite ice cream cones TipTop, holding hands all the while, discovering our gorgeous neighborhood and dreaming of the day when we too will have a gorgeous little house and garden overlooking the water. (Next time we should bring our camera!)



No comments: