Saturday, June 11, 2011

Books...

I need something to read this summer, for days when I just want to lay in cool green grass or sit on a warm stone over looking Stockholm's water ways. Any suggestions?

This is the stack of books I used to help draw my latest illustration, The Mysteries. You might find something interesting here, who knows. My favorite is Swedish historian, Herman Lindqvist's biography of Madame de Pompadour, The Queen of Rococo. Agatha Christie isn't bad either.

DSC_0420

DSC_0422

As you can see I am just in love with Agatha Christie, quirky artists, French historical figures of the 1700s, and fashionable bunnies, hehe.

I think I'll take a few reading tips from my Mysteries stack, I actually haven't read anything from what I have heard super talented Dorothy L. Sayers, and it's been quite a while since I picked up a Nancy Drew.

Hope you are all having a wonderfully lazy Saturday afternoon too.



1 comment:

Jamie said...

my summer reading list consist of

"The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life" Twyla Tharp

"Bossy Pants" Tina Fey

and I'm looking for a good guilty pleasure. Any suggestions?