Monday, November 14, 2011

Shalimar...

I made a new illustration today... Shalimar by Guerlain. It turned out really gorgeous, if you ask me... and a little different from my other illustrations some how. I guess it's the darker more potent colors. I think it's a start of something great. What do you think? Any one have Shalimar as their signature scent here?




When I was a teen my father helped me look for my very own signature scent. I loved the idea of having my very own scent, that smelled perfect on my skin, oh so very glamorous. We tried Shalimar (though the light version as I was so young) because it's my Aunt's signature scent, and we're very much alike... but it smelled just awful on me. After some searching I found my scent... Oui by Lancome. I wore it happily for a few years, unfortunately it is now off the market (or at least I thought so). I'm not even sure I remember how it smelled. Since then I haven't really found anything to replace it. I very rarely use perfume these days, but if I do, I think Stella's In Two Peony is just perfect.

I think I'll go spray some on right now...



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, the darker colours work really well : )

I used to love Oui as well, didn't realise it wasn't made anymore. My fave now is Issey Miyake!

Unknown said...

Hmmm well maybe I've just not been looking hard enough. Thanks Emily!

Tina said...

Have you got only one scent ? I mean I'm used to have 2 flagrances, one for winter and another one for summer !

Oh and funny story about my own scent (winter' scent ;) : when I was 15 my mum stopped wearing her flagrance (Anaïs/Anaïs by Cacharel) she had for something like 20 years. I missed so much the scent on her skin that I decided wear it myself ! And guess what ? Since this time, my mum can't stant it any more ;)

Unknown said...

Tina, it's funny how our noses change too! And yes I only just use one scent... and only spray it on like once a month, if that. I miss my Moms perfume too (Lancome Poeme) Wish I could see her more often...

Kashaya said...

Dina scarfs är fantastiska! Går de köpa någonstanns?

Unknown said...

Kashaya, snart snart kommer dem! Tyvärr har dem varit jätte försenade. Jag skriker till när de finns i webbshoppen. xoxo