One of the great things about being a freelancer and working from home is that there really is no typical day. I can decide when to work and when to have free time. But I must confess that most of my days typically look like this...
• I set my alarm for 8am but I always get up a 8.30-9am. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.
• Breakfast time of course! I eat a slow breakfast while reading the newspaper or my current e-book.
• 10am Time for work! I start off by reading and answering all emails and Etsy conversations. And then I
• Monday Wednesday Friday I try to get to the gym for an 11.30am gym class. Go me!
• After working it, getting clean, getting home, making lunch, and then consuming lunch it's all of a sudden 2.30pm or so and time to really concentrate on getting work done (now that I got tons of energy from exercising).
• I'll work on any number of projects I have on my to do list, from custom wimb illustrations, to blog headers and personal projects mixed in there as well. I of course take a few breaks to check out a few more favorite blogs, my email and maybe even fix a blog post or two. A few days a week I have print orders to pick up. I get all of my packages addressed at home, pick up my prints and then pack them at the post office, send them of course too. (These errands can take a big chunk out of my day as well, but it's nice to get out of the apartment.)
• 7.30pm I prepare dinner and wait for the boyfriend to come home from work. (I'm such a good girlfriend, dinner always ready when he comes home.) From now on it is me and him time. We have a nice dinner and then watch a few episodes of our favorite tv series.
• I may of course just check my email just once more before bed time at 12am, just to see if I sold something or got any fun feedback. Too tempting!
A real strict schedule just doesn't work for me, like it would others. I can't allot 2 hours to blogging then 4 hours to drawings etc. I just don't have that kind of structure. Good thing I'm good at getting things done anyhow, in my own way. I just wish I could get up a little earlier!