Tjoo hoo! It's Friday! and what a wonderful week I've had. Started out with a relaxing weekend in the country. Getting away from the computer for a day or two is really refreshing; a perfect way to have a productive week.
• Gifted myself with a new cookbook, Rachel Khoo's The Little Paris Kitchen. A wonderful little modern French cookbook by a British girl. (She has an adorable BBC cookery show too.) Been inspired by her recipes all week (probably next week too.) All I want is French French French.
• Matchbook November went Live! Great issue, as always. Did you see my contribution, Anna Wintour?
• Work work work. Been working on a few custom portraits, and blog header designs.
• Even created a few new illustrations for my shop. Pretty Kitties, Cat Flats, and Coco Noir. Trying to get my shop stocked up with new pretty items for the crazy Holiday shopping Season.
• Lately, I've been getting more and more organised. I've always been rather organised for being an 'artist type', but one can always get better. I've been making more detailed to do lists. It's so satisfying checking items off!
• Launched my first illustration in a new illustrated blog series on my blog; What's in my bag: Blogger Edition! This week I showcased my very own items. Super excited about this series and so thankful that many great stylish bloggers want to participate!
• More French cooking, this time inspired by Rachel's Tart Tatin, a salted caramel apple tart. I'll share the recipe soon! (Pink swear!)
• and then last but not least, today I went to another all day course/conference sponsored by the Swedish artist society I'm a member of, on how to charge clients. Nice to know that my fellow illustrators also have a hard time charging the fees they should be entitled to. (Sigh, so is the life of a freelancer, it seems.) It really opened my eyes, and I'll be striving to push charging just a little bit more in the future.
Have a great weekend!