Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Favorites

Since July is just nearly over I thought I'd do something a bit different and discuss a few monthly favorites to keep July going for a little while longer. It was such a lovely month! I've actually been planning these sorts of posts since April, and haven't gotten around to starting. (Reason #157 why I suck at blogging.)

So July was a gorgeous month filled with lots of lazy summery vacation days. The boyfriend and I enjoyed a week of vacation on gorgeous Gotland, fixed up our apartment and had a very fun house warming party, enjoyed the unusually hot weather, and I've gotten great use out of my bike. I couldn't have asked for a better start to the summer, and I'm really glad it's not quite over yet. We still have August to look forward to.



Eat: During the summer months I'm always a bit obsessed with fresh Asian and Mexican flavors because they really just taste the best when it's hot outside. I combined my two loves in this dish, an Asian flavored Carnitas rice noodle salad. I'll have to share the recipe real soon. So delicious!

Place: As much as a staycation is nice I'm so glad we were able to take even a short vacation this summer. Gotland was gorgeous, and it was really exciting to see another amazing side of Sweden. 5 days was just enough to get a feel for the island and enjoy some well deserved free time.

Beauty: I'm definitely a lipstick lover (I'd pick a bold lip over a dark eye any day), and I especially love to wear bright colors. I'm also pretty particular as to the formulas, nothing to glossy or too sticky. I love traditional cream lipsticks but they can get a bit messy when it's hot outside. So when these balm lipstick hybrids came out I was all over them. So far I've tested formulas from tarte, Revlon, and IsaDora... I love them all!

Thing: It's been a while since I last sat on a bike, maybe when growing up in Maine which was a gagillion years ago. So when my boyfriend's parents gifted me a used bike a was a little nervous about using it.... especially since I've heard how crazy biking in Stockholm can be. But let me just say it was just like riding a bike. I haven't had any problems, and it hasn't been as scary as I thought it would be. I've actually really really really enjoyed taking my bike out for a spin on gorgeous summer evenings this month. I'll I need now is a really cute wicker bike basket and helmet too.




No comments: