Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sriracha and Tiny Flower Vases



Hello Wednesday!

I haven't created new illustrations in what seems like forever. Actually I've been really bad about drawing anything for myself for a while. I used to be really good about sketching or creating illustrations in my free time; recently I've only been working on client projects. (But that's fun too!) To get back into drawing more frequently I want to turn off the internet for at least 30 minutes each day or an hour every other day to concentrate on creating new illustrations/patterns for EmmaKisstina. I know I'll skip many days, and some days I'll draw all day... so I think it will all work out. I have so many ideas for illustrations that I've started but just haven't sat down to finish. Here's hoping I do!

So yesterday I sat down with a new pencil and pen and a few sheets of fresh white paper and created these new illustrations. The Sriracha is an obvious pick as I was at the China market yesterday, but the Tiny Vases illustration is inspired by a trip to Rosendals Trädgården last Fall. They had the prettiest small vases in different sizes with mixed florals hung by a window. I wish I had this little set on my studio windowsill.


You can find Sriracha and Tiny Flower Vases in my Etsy shop! and make sure to follow me on Instagram to see peeks at up coming illustrations @emmakisstina.

No comments: