Monday, March 14, 2011

Oh Sofie!


Have you seen Sofie Violett Pehrsson's intricately detailed whimsical illustrations? She is an illustrator also based in Stockholm, Sweden. I love the oval format of her drawings (why haven't I thought of that... though I am more partial to circles.) I've seen them in person, at a group gallery show last Spring. I don't think I could get my face closer to the glass of her picture frame to see all the little pretty details and patterns. They must take her hours and hours to draw and paint. So inspiring! 






Aren't they gorgeous?! I think she should illustrate children's books. There is so much to look at, they're so expressive, and they are interesting and mysterious as well. Not quite sure what is really happening in the pictures, one must use their imagination. And I like that.




No comments: