Let's start off the week with a great filling gorgeous breakfast, my new favorite recipe to start off the day with!
I've always eaten breakfast (because it's the most important meal of the day) but I've never really enjoyed it. It's just so boring and bland sometimes. Since I discovered this alternative to a traditional oatmeal I've been obsessed. It's both healthy and delicious and it keeps me full and energised until lunch time. Perfect too since you can bake it in the weekend and then have enough for a few breakfasts to reheat throughout the week.
Recipe: Baked Oatmeal
Adapted from a recipe from Swedish Grocery Store Chain ICA.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
5 dl Rolled Oats
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon
2 pinches salt
1/2 dl chopped dried apricots
4 dl Oat or Almond milk
1/2 dl Honey
2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil
1 dl seeds (Sunflower, Flax, Pumpkin etc.)
2 dl Frozen berries (Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries etc.)
• Preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F).
• Combine all first 5 dry ingredients and pour into a lightly oiled oven safe dish. (Mine is about 8 by 8 inches.)
• Next whisk the eggs lightly with the milk, and pour over the dry mix in your dish.
• Make your seed crumble by combining honey, coconut oil and your mix of seeds, and sprinkle over your oatmeal.
• To finish top with your choice of frozen berries.
• Bake for about 30 minutes until slightly golden.
• Store in fridge for 1 week. Just microwave a portion for yourself every morning, and serve with a click of Greek yoghurt.
Hope you enjoy!