Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vacation, again.

Gosh it feels like I have been on vacation all summer. Which is partly true considering I now no longer have a 'day job' and work as an illustrator full time. I still haven't really gotten used to it or made a scedule that works for me. It is wonderful to be able to have such an open scedule and work on the road as I am doing right now though. I am enjoying internet on the X2000 train in my super comfy 1st class seat on my way to gorgeous southern Sweden. I shall be visiting my grandparents again and going to my Aunt and Uncle's 100 year old party (they are both turning 50!) I am hoping that the weather will cooperate this week so that I may be able to do nothing but sunbathe on the beach. Tylösand (where my grandparents live) has one of the best beaches in Sweden. Looks like this...
DSC_0163
There is this surrealistic island just off the coast of the beach. It looks so gorgeous and almost out of place. I love the mini lighthouse and the small very Swedish red houses with white trim. It is a rather windy stormy beach but has many sanddunes where you can take cover or hide when it gets a bit too windy of if you want a bit of privacy. We have had parties in the sanddunes with and open fire too...super fun!

puss o kram
Kristina

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Have a wonderful time! Get a shell for me and I'll get a shell for you! Then we can exchange!

Unknown said...

Not too many shells here...they are so teeny tiny. But lots of pretty rocks. Maybe that'll do. Hope you have a wonderful time too.