Thursday, January 2, 2014

Celebrating New Years Eve!

Hello Thursday!

Let's take a look at what I did... ate and drank to celebrate the coming New Year.

Our celebrating started on Saturday with a Champagne and Oyster tasting with Johan's wine tasting society. Each person brought with them a bottle of Champagne to share, with about 20 people who came to the tasting, there were quite a few bottles to try. I'm not too fond of Champagne (gasp I know) so I stuck to gorging on seafood... definitely ate more than my share of oysters. :)




And then on the actual day, New Years Eve Johan and I and four of our friends had a lovely 6 course dinner together. We met up at 6pm and cooked and ate together until midnight. It was a great grown up change to stay in and have a quiet dinner with friends and really ring in the new year with style. It was also rather nice waking up on New Years Day without a pounding headache. A great way to start off the New Year I think!


I must say all 6 courses were just as delicious as we had hoped, and definitely just as good as they looked. Hope you had a lovely New Year too, whether you stayed in or partied all night!


No comments: