Monday, June 9, 2014

Living Room Tour!

Hello Monday!

I've been bad. (At blogging that is.) But I'm back with fun content this week. Woo hoo!

To start off the week on a fun start I thought I'd give you a little tour of my living room; one of my favorite spaces in our apartment! Plus the one room that we've put the most effort into fixing since Johan and I spend a lot of time here together.

The majority of our living room furniture is from IKEA but we also have quite a few friends and family hand me downs and fun little flea market attic finds. To be honest I really love the mix! One of our favorite features of the room is our gallery wall, where we've collected a mix of my old art work, Johan's photos as well as work from other artists all in an assortment of frames of different sizes and styles. Another favorite feature is our shelving unit where we store our small collection of books and other knick knacks. I think it's a great backdrop to our simple sofa.


I also of course adore this old dynamite crate shelving unit that Johan built for our last apartment. It's a really unique piece that I think we'll love until it decides to fall apart. Here is where we house my beloved cookbooks. (I'll have to do a favorite cookbook feature some day!) Since Johan works with wine he has taken home several wine boxes which are great for storage, that you'll find all over the living room as well. Another feature I'm completely smitten with are our original shiny herringbone hardwood floors. So gorgeous!






As soon as Summer arrives we adore adding our balcony to our living space. When it's sunny and warm enough we love enjoying breakfast, lunch and dinner outside as much as possible... or just time with a book. (A favorite Sunday past time of mine.) Here is where we also grow our summer balcony herb garden. Love! This year we have thyme, 2 types of oregano, greek basil, pineapple sage, tarragon, thai basil, mint, cilantro, lemon balm, rosemary, and bay leaves. We also have an olive tree, which reminds us of the Mediterranean. All though our balcony is rather small and only seats 2 people comfortable it's a gorgeous space, that I can't imagine being without.

I absolutely adore our apartment and I feel so lucky to call such a lovely space home!






No comments: