Monday, November 10, 2014

Swedish Fika Treats: Kokosbollar

Hello Monday!

It's been awhile since I shared a recipe so I thought I'd share a fun one today. Yay! This weekend I had a major sweet tooth but hadn't bought any special ingredients for cupcakes or something even fancier. But then I remembered a childhood favorite, kokosbollar! What's great about this classic Swedish recipe is that the ingredients are all something you'll find in your pantry, plus they involve no baking. Easy! Kokosbollar (or coconut balls in English) can be found at every Swedish café for good reason because they are really really yummy!

Recipe: Swedish Kokosbollar (Coconut Balls)

Ingredients:

• 100grams browned butter (or just melted butter if you prefer)
• 3 Tbsp strong coffee (Just remember to save some from your morning cup)
• 3dl rolled oats (1 heaping cup)
• 3 Tbsp cacao powder (I use raw cacao powder)
• 1dl sugar (1/4 cup)

• Shredded unsweetened coconut flakes to roll in

Melt the butter and simmer until fragrantly nutty and browned. In a bowl combine all of the ingredients including the melted butter, except the coconut flakes. Place in fridge for about 30mins to harden slightly. After 30 minutes remove from fridge, roll into balls, then roll in coconut flakes. Place in fridge for about 1 hour to completely set. Then enjoy!


2 comments:

Julie Arthur // alonewithmytea.com said...

That looks yummy. Does it have a very strong coffee flavor?

Unknown said...

Yes they taste a lot like coffee, depends I guess of the type of coffee you use. I used espresso. They are yummy! :)